Download our brand new apps for Android, Apple and Windows Phone.

iOS

This is where M9ers discuss everything about Apple Inc. You can share news, ask questions, and posts about things to buy or sell here.

Please log in or register to post something to the group.

Post something to the group...

Discussion
Question
Buy & Sell
Request
Tips

Put your youtube video embed code here.

eleenong91 ADMIN :

What's New in Apple iOS 7.1?

Here are six new changes and features in iOS 7.1, as well as how to enable them when applicable.

1) Phone and FaceTime Answering Options

Incoming phone calls and FaceTime requests look a little different in iOS 7.1. Buttons shaped like rounded rectangles move to the wayside to make room for circles. The buttons for "remind me" and "reply with message" look completely different now, almost played down compared with their blocky past versions.

Where: On screen when a phone call or FaceTime call comes in.

2) Shift and Caps Lock Indicators

The shift key on iOS's virtual keyboard now uses new icons to indicate when it is not engaged (white key, black arrow), has been pressed once for a single keystroke (gray key, white arrow), and tapped twice to turn on caps lock (white key, black arrow with underline). In the image above, from left to right: shift not engaged; single cap shift; all caps.

Where: On the keyboard.

3) Siri Voices

With iOS 7.1, Siri should sound a little sweeter, or more masculine, depending on your taste. Siri now has both male and female voices for Australian English, British English, Japanese, and Mandarin, and they should sound better, too. The developer release notes state that your iPhone or iPad initially uses a "compact voice for Siri," but that it will download and install a higher-quality version automatically once you connect to a Wi-Fi network and plug your device into a power source. I could hear the improvements most clearly in the Australian male voice.

Where: Settings > General > Siri

4) Button Shapes

When enabled, Button Shapes highlights buttons that otherwise look like text to better differentiate them. It makes iOS 7.1 look slightly less sophisticated and austere, but it makes the buttons pop for sure. In the image above, you can see the traditional view on the left, and the enhanced button shape on the right. Sometimes it takes the form of a simple underline instead of a gray box. I rather like a lot of the accessibility features in iOS because they often improve the experience without really getting in the way, and Button Shapes is one you can enable and forget you ever did. (For other useful accessibility features, try the reduce motion setting if iOS 7 makes you dizzy, and Guided Access to lock your screen while kids use your device.)

Where: Settings > General > Accessibility > Button Shapes

5) Perspective Zoom (Ability to Disable Parallax Effect for Wallpaper Only)

With iOS 7.1, you now have finer controls for disabling some of the visual effects within iOS 7. When you choose a wallpaper for your lock screen or home screen in iOS 7, you'll see an option to turn "perspective zoom" on or off. Turning it off disables the parallax effect (if you're still not totally sure what parallax effect is, scroll slowly through this BBC page, and you'll get it), without disabling the other animations, such as the zooming in and out of app preview pages when you double-tap the home button.

Where: Settings > Wallpaper & Brightness (and then choose a wallpaper)

6) Less Bouncy Control Center

It's not a huge change, but the quick-access control bar, which lets you adjust the screen brightness, adjust Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, etc., bounces less when you first engage it. The Control Center, which was entirely new as of iOS 7, formerly pulled up higher onto the screen and sprang back into place when you drew it beyond its capacity. Now, it locks into place quicker and more tightly. You still can't use it for location services (i.e., GPS), which has been on my wish list since iOS 7 debuted in 2013.

Where: Control Center; use one finger near the bottom of the screen and swipe up.

Reply   .   Report 11 Mar, 1:42AM

AlexMorf:

Hello! How I can unlock my iPhone 5S on iOS 7 for use it with other networks?

Reply   .   Report 0 minute ago

aliciawwp ADMIN :

Tips: How To Save Your iPhone’s Battery When You’re Almost Out Of Power

Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your iPhone when it’s on its last legs.

You will be surprised with the last bonus tips!

1. Turn down the screen brightness.

Turning down your iPhone’s screen brightness is one of the first things you should do if you’re trying to save battery. To do this, pull up Control Center. Toggle the brightness slider underneath the row of icons to dim your iPhone’s display. You can also do this by navigating to Settings>Wallpapers & Brightness>Brightness.

2. Turn off Bluetooth

If you’re not connecting to any accessories, turn Bluetooth off. You can also do this directly from the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and tapping the Bluetooth icon.

3. Turn the screen off when you’re not using it.
For example, if you’re listening to music, make sure you turn the screen off when you’re not switching between songs. If your phone is in your pocket or purse, make sure the screen remains off when not in use.

4. Turn off Background App Refresh.

This automatically refreshes an app’s content whenever you’re connected to cellular service or Wi-Fi. You this feature off by navigating to Settings>General>Background App Refresh.

5. Turn off Location services

Location services can also burn through your battery pretty quickly. To preserve battery by preventing apps from using your GPS location, head over to Settings>Privacy>Location Services. From here, you can either turn off this feature entirely by tapping the green switch next to Location Services, or disable it for individual apps by pressing the switch next to each app. I recommend doing the latter so that you can use your phone’s GPS signal in case you get lost or lose your phone.

6. Turn WiFi off.

If you don’t absolutely need WiFi, turning it off will preserve battery life. Again, Apple has a shortcut for WiFi in its Control Center, which can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.

7. Close some background apps.

Some apps could be eating through your battery even though they’re not clearly visible. To close background apps, double tap your iPhone’s home button. This will display any apps that are currently open. Dismiss each app by putting your finger on the desired app and swiping up.

8. Disable notifications for as many apps as possible.

You can do this by heading over to Settings>Notification Center>Include. From there, tap on an app and switch off “Show in Notification Center” and “Show on Lock Screen.” This will prevent your phone from pushing unnecessary notifications to your lock screen or Notification Center, which could save some battery life.

9. Turn off AirDrop

This feature lets you share files with other users on the same network. While this can be useful, it also wastes power if it’s turned on when you’re not using it. Slide up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the Control Center, tap AirDrop and then press Off.

10. Turn off the Parallax View in iOS 7

This could also help preserve your iPhone’s battery. Parallax View is the feature that makes it look as if your phone’s background is moving when you move the phone from side to side. Navigate to Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion to turn this off.

BONUS: Turn on Airplane Mode to charge your phone faster

iOSAirplaneMode

If your iPhone’s battery is running low and you’ve only got a few minutes to charge it up, try turning on Airplane Mode while it’s plugged in. This turns off the wireless radios inside your phone, which could enable it to charge faster since it’s using less energy. It’s unclear exactly how much this helps, however. TUAW’s Yoni Heisler found that this trick only sped up charging by a few minutes. To turn Airplane Mode on, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap the airplane icon in the Control Center

Credits: http://www.businessinsider.my/iphone-battery-tips-2014-3/#.Uzp8hfmSzfILISA EADICICCO MAR. 31, 2014

Reply   .   Report 01 Apr, 8:42AM
Da_Aki

Da_Aki:

great....
Report 01 Apr, 8:56AM

shankar72685:

Steve jobs...

comment_photo_97181.png  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 28 Jan, 4:50AM
Gone

Gone:

hlo
Report 21 Mar, 5:41PM

shankar72685:

REMEMBER STEVE JOBS....

comment_photo_97180.png  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 28 Jan, 4:48AM

Tanmay123456:

How to install themes on my i phone which i downloaded form mobile9.can anyone help me?

Reply   .   Report 11 Jan, 1:42PM

ArthurWill ADMIN :

What Happened When Ordinary People Met Steve Jobs

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/52696e79eab8eafb5f8ff691-1200-900/steve jobs illustration.jpg

1. This person told Jobs he would "ruin" Apple.

Michell Smith tells this story: Prior to his return to Apple, it was obvious that the company was in trouble. Larry Ellison had floated the idea of a hostile takeover of the company, but it seemed to some of us Apple watchers that then-CEO Gil Amelio's turnaround plan might work.

I wrote an impassioned email to Steve at Pixar, pleading with him to find something else to do with his time. "Please," I implored him, "don't come back to Apple, you'll ruin it."

… And then he wrote the words I'll never forget:

"You may be right. But if I succeed, remember to look in the mirror and call yourself an for me."

---------------------------------------

2. The day Jobs argued at the checkout at Whole Foods

Roy Pereira bumped into Jobs while doing the groceries:

I bumped into Steve at the Palo Alto Whole Foods near both of our homes. He was in front of me in line paying for his groceries. It was the express checkout and he was wearing his traditional black turtle-neck. This was back in the early 2000s.

Here was a very wealthy, smart guy arguing with the cashier about what the correct change was for his purchase. He was demanding that he got another quarter ($0.25) for his change. This discussion went on for several minutes and held up the line so much that everyone behind him (including us) were getting annoyed.

---------------------------------------

3. Jobs met this woman who was smoking at dinner and did not like it one bit.

William Matthies and five others had dinner with Jobs in the early 1980s in New York: Dinner was over and while we waited for desert, Ann lit up a cigarette (remember this was the early '80's in NYC), holding it away and blowing smoke away from the rest of us at the table. Steve, who was seated next to Ann, gave no indication that this bothered him. He simply went on talking animatedly as he had all dinner.

At one point Ann put her lit cigarette in an ashtray the opposite side of Steve. He never looked at it but must have seen her put it down because without so much as a glance toward her or the cigarette, without breaking from whatever topic he was currently holding forth on at that moment, he reached across her, picked the cigarette up from the ashtray, and dropped it in her half full water glass.

I can still see the stunned looks on everyone's face except Steve who continued to educate the rest of us on...I have no idea.

Reply   .   Report 10 Jan, 12:46AM

ArthurWill ADMIN :

The best couple wallpaper ever? Sweet!

Reply   .   Report 10 Jan, 12:19AM
TroubleMakerB

TroubleMakerB:

Love it
Report 10 Jan, 2:53AM
meroo17

meroo17:

can u help me I have iphone 3g ios 4.1 I need whatsapp and subway
Report 15 Jan, 6:17PM
meroo17

meroo17:

plez help me thanks
Report 15 Jan, 6:19PM
baby_thumbelina

baby_thumbelina:

♥ it!
Report 20 Mar, 4:28AM
Gone

Gone:

nyc
Report 21 Mar, 5:41PM

ArthurWill ADMIN :

Something that comes in the mail today. Steve the proud daddy.

Reply   .   Report 27 Dec, 2013, 11:53AM
shankar72685

shankar72685:

Yes...
Report 27 Jan, 11:49AM

antojo:

ios7 the best !!

comment_photo_75062.png  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 26 Dec, 2013, 2:16AM
Gone