Download our brand new apps for Android, Apple and Windows Phone.

M9 HQ

The home of people behind mobile9. Join this group for the latest site updates, features, bug fixes, tips, behind the scene photos, and trade secrets.

Please log in or register to post something to the group.

Post something to the group...

Discussion
Question
Buy & Sell
Request
Tips

Put your youtube video embed code here.

Fizzyfifi:

Is there an app for M9 in the apple store for my iPad?
And how do I find it
My apple Id is linked to the USA store - not India store hope this ifno helps!!!!!!!!!!

Reply   .   Report 11 hours ago

Fizzyfifi:

yeongshing ADMIN : Recently I have 5 people add books to Favourites but the number Has not changed on my Profile page
Previously I had sent you a message on M9 HQ about favourites and received no response from you
When will my query be addressed???????????????

Reply   .   Report 11 hours ago
Fizzyfifi

Fizzyfifi:

Two more books added to Fav. number still at 177??
Report 7 hours ago

wotthell:

Finding a few Duplicate uploads in today's New Listing - have reported them so here is hoping it doesn't take all day long to remove them

Reply   .   Report yesterday, 2:59AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

They were removed few hours ago.
Report yesterday, 11:18AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

For this case, when the user uploaded the ebook, inside the file doesn't contain the proper name for system to pick up, which is why the user won't be seeing duplicate suggestion after uploaded the file.

In case of title after submitted the upload (where our admin couldn't pick up in the queue), I'm still verifying this with our team.
Report yesterday, 11:31AM
wotthell

wotthell:

just doing a search worked for me. The title and author in the subject line was same on both uploads at least for the duplicate that was of my file. I can't recall about the two files that were duplicates of other members, but still search brought it up for me.
Report yesterday, 11:41AM

Sanabelflower:

Hi guys! I need a piece of information if you can help. I happen to dowload a book that says it contains animations how can I read an epub with such features. The book is The Matchmaker Replacement by Rachel Van Dyken. Thamk you =)

Reply   .   Report 2 days ago, 1:01AM
wotthell

wotthell:

you can read it on anything that will read epub - unless you have a device that has such a feature turned on then you won't see the animations. Depends on whether you want to read the book or see the moving pics -
Amazon states: This book can be read on any device, including Kindle E-readers. Kindle in Motion books include art, animation, or video features that can be viewed on certain Fire tablets and the free Kindle app for iOS and Android. You can switch features on or off at any time.
Report 2 days ago, 2:12AM
Sanabelflower

Sanabelflower:

Thank you wortthell =)
Report 2 days ago, 9:39AM

Wenbra99:

502 bad gateway.... Grrrrrrr this is happening too often.

Reply   .   Report 4 days ago, 2:58PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are trying to trace the issue. Are you still having this issue now?
Report yesterday, 11:33AM

Gribella:

Hello!

To me have not added in achievement participation and a victory in RC Week 490.
I see that to other participants is added.

Reply   .   Report 5 days ago, 11:45AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Sorry Gribella! Looks like I missed that file of yours. @.@' Just added the achievement.
Report 4 days ago, 8:19AM
Gribella

Gribella:

Thanks dear! But under a file has appeared nothing.
Report 3 days ago, 8:57AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

It may takes a bit of time. But I will try re-do and see again.
Report yesterday, 11:41AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

It is shown in your achievement but not yet under your file. We will monitor this again in 1-2 days.
Report yesterday, 11:44AM
Gribella

Gribella:

Ok!
Report 14 hours ago

Slavatcka:

Hello dear Shing!

Why you do not add participation in competitions in achievements???

Reply   .   Report 19 Aug, 8:30AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, couldn't add earlier. Last week re-added some again. During weekend already show changes on profiles. Can you take a look again?
Report 22 Aug, 4:42PM
Slavatcka

Slavatcka:

Hi! Yes, now I see. Thanks! Additions there was no more month. Therefore I have written to you.
Report 5 days ago, 5:22AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Sure, i understand. It is also fine for you to write to me as soon as you have any question.
Report 4 days ago, 8:16AM
Slavatcka

Slavatcka:

Fine!
Report 2 days ago, 4:14PM

wotthell:

ALERT FOR ADMIN
It would seem that the reporting of duplicate files is not working !!
2 days ago I reported both of these files http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4674956/ http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4674962/

WHAT TAKES SO LONG to take action? If you have reached a verdict that neither file is a duplicate then why not say so and give a reason (you will find it hard to convince me). But I shall be ready to discuss your response - it one is ever forthcoming.

I have taken to using colourful language of late, on a regular basis, My husband wonders if M9 is good for my health, certainly not good for his ears.

Reply   .   Report 19 Aug, 2:09AM
silver_link

silver_link:

I'm keeling over.
Report 19 Aug, 3:38AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

2 days ago? See screenshots below. I only see them today as reported yesterday. Hmm... we will observe this.

Report 19 Aug, 7:05AM
wotthell

wotthell:

I have reported this file at least 3 times due to nil action on the part of M9 tech team hence what you are seeing in the pic above is the third report - there are two prior to this
Report 19 Aug, 7:54AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

There was no 2 other reports for the same file prior to that on the same list i saw that time. If it is not in the list, it should be either processed and cleared from the queue or not successfully reported, which might be a bug. I tested the function with multiple report after what you said, but couldn't find any problem. I have noted this to our team to take a look.
Report 22 Aug, 2:16AM
wotthell

wotthell:

what can I say, I cannot begin to explain, why M9 has problems that are not consistent for all users is beyond me.
Report 22 Aug, 2:36AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Actually it is usually happen to group(s) of users, however most users are only downloading on mobile site and didn't use much functions. Mobile site is also more simplified. So it is understandable that you feel that way, because you pretty much discovered and used all the functions on full site.

And also you followed closely the action after that, so it is easier for you to realize there is issue or not. That is why it seems the issue always happen to you. But it isn't just you. We are glad that you found out those site bugs and tell us, so we can fix them.
Report 22 Aug, 4:35PM

packageapps PRO :

Hello admin

I purchased a premium account but still my profile is not activated as premium.This is really pathetic service for premium users.Can anyone help me for this ?

Reply   .   Report 17 Aug, 1:28PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, I took a look at your account subscription and it is activated with Premium Member 2 days ago. May I know more details about the issue you are having?
Report 18 Aug, 9:50AM
packageapps

packageapps PRO :

I dont see any premium developer badge and also while publishing the apps the upgrade to pro screen comes up.
Report 18 Aug, 1:28PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

I see. Hmm, let me check it out then get back to you again.
Report 19 Aug, 5:45AM
packageapps

packageapps PRO :

sure yeongshing
Report 19 Aug, 5:48AM
packageapps

packageapps PRO :

Any updates on it @yeongshing ?
Report 19 Aug, 6:32AM
packageapps

packageapps PRO :

yeogshing please help no downloads no pro activated tag
Report 20 Aug, 5:02AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, only Premium Publisher will get the PRO tag beside name.

And does your app contain ads? If you want to publish app that contains ad, you need to be Premium Publisher. Premium Member can only publish app without ads.
Report 20 Aug, 4:35PM
packageapps

packageapps PRO :

hello i did publish premium account
Report 20 Aug, 4:53PM
packageapps

packageapps PRO :

I purchased premium account on 15 aug .Paid the yearly subscription using paypal my setting tab showing me activation of premium account. But still i did not get premium badge and apps are publishing in basic section not premium
Report 20 Aug, 4:57PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

We have 3 types of subscriptions: Basic(Free), Premium Member and Premium Publisher.

Premium Member and Premium Publisher are 2 different subscriptions.

Your subscription is Premium Member. We will add for you the Premium badge. As for publishing, all will be the same section, but if you are publishing apps or games that contain ads, your files will be rejected.

As informed earlier, if you want to publish apps/games that contains ad, you need to be Premium Publisher.
Report 22 Aug, 2:36AM
packageapps

packageapps PRO :

I have taken premium publisher account and not premium member I have paid your yearly subscription fee to become premium publisher. I would like you to change my premium account subscription from premium member to premium publisher
Report 22 Aug, 5:55AM
packageapps

packageapps PRO :

Can you refund me current account or can you make some arrangement so that i can buy premium publisher account and not just member
Report 22 Aug, 5:58AM
packageapps

packageapps PRO :

hello i would like to inform you i just purchased the premium publisher account allow me to publish all files .
Report 22 Aug, 12:28PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

You can proceed to upload your apps. Our admin will validate your apps after that.
Report 22 Aug, 4:14PM

wotthell:

May as well have another rant
Can you please explain how a file with a release date of 16 August, 2016 (special edition), which was notated in the description, can be considered a duplicate of a file uploaded in 2014 with a release date of 2011 ?

Makes no sense to me.

Reply   .   Report 17 Aug, 2:24AM
silver_link

silver_link:

Yea, happened to mine too. It's worse if it's a re-release with updated contents. The file was deleted as dupe. Now I'm dubious whether to upload something that goes....previously published as.....
Report 17 Aug, 7:52AM
wotthell

wotthell:

I think I must need glasses,I can't see a response from admin here * big sighs !
Report 17 Aug, 8:14AM
victoriajsanz64

victoriajsanz64:

I had the same problem - but mine was even though no one had a file of said book ( searched for it to see if someone did have a file) it still came out as a duplicate then relegated to the reject folder..
Report 17 Aug, 6:40PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Can you please upload again? And as a standardized format in future, please put the Special Release/Edition in first line of description (you may have done so) or title.

In case, we lost our glasses on the day and rejected book which is special release, you can report under Profile>Uploads>Rejected files.

FYI, I could restore the rejected file but due to system limitation, it won't go to the front of new list.
Report 18 Aug, 9:09AM
silver_link

silver_link:

@yeongshing, the rejected files only listed 20 and that's a bother. Is there any way to increase that number? But don't do so at the expense of corrupting the whole server (ebook section) as M9 has been and still is experiencing glitches of all kinds that would put virus programmers to shame.
Report 19 Aug, 12:33AM
wotthell

wotthell:

What sequence of listing is used ? - yet to figure that out. It doesn't seem that the last file rejected appears at the top of the list.
Report 19 Aug, 12:53AM
silver_link

silver_link:

Midnight Fire (Kindle Edition) Revised Edition 2016 of previously 1992 publication
Published April 24th 2016 by Butterfly Kisses Press
Kindle Edition, 317 pages
Author(s): Madeline Baker
ASIN: B01EBBVH0A
Edition language:English
Average rating: 5.00 (7 ratings)
@yeongshing, I reported one of my rejected 'duplicate' from my Rejected files. This is a test of sorts. For one thing, it takes time, secondly I can't remember all my revised/re-published editions that were rejected as dupes. Thirdly, I don't fancy doing things twice. I am wondering whether the re-up file is going to appear on my gallery. In the middle? At the top? As I said, it's a test.
Report 19 Aug, 1:02AM
wotthell

wotthell:

If the file is resurrected by Admin it will appear at the place it was in your gallery. If however you re-upload it (an annoyance & waste of data) it will appear as a new file and cross fingers, toes, legs that they have their glasses on when it comes to the next review
Report 19 Aug, 1:26AM
silver_link

silver_link:

Maybe next time, I should just write on top of the description.
NOT DUPLICATE...NEW EDITION.
Report 19 Aug, 3:37AM
wotthell

wotthell:

It has been suggested " And as a standardized format in future, please put the Special Release/Edition in first line of description " and if you have a look here this surely should catch the un-glazed eye http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4675445/
Report 19 Aug, 4:24AM
silver_link
Report 19 Aug, 4:37AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

@silver_link: the rejected files was increased to 50 but not sure due to what it's back to 20. I'm checking with the tech team.

@wotthell: the sequence is based on newest file ID, so if you have an old file removed, you might not see it in the list if your list is already full with most recent rejected uploads.

I have communicated this long ago with our team but the conclusion was there will not be any change made to the list because of a few reasons, and one of them is due the code is very old and complex, it's not easy to change and very likely will cause a lot of bugs. We see more other priorities than putting a lot of effort into fixing this. So yeah, unless we have gain more resources or if we have time in future, then only we can work on it.
Report 19 Aug, 6:15AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

@silver_link: if you put "NOT DUPLICATE...NEW EDITION", it might seems weird to other members when they read it? ^^'

You can copy and paste the line like "Midnight Fire (Kindle Edition) Revised Edition 2016 of previously 1992 publication" in first line or top of description as minimal information for us to look for, if you already have this info.

From now on, if the book that you upload is new special edition/release/revised version of old books which is not a duplicate, but our admin rejected it as duplicate due to missed read the special edition remark in the first line of file description, you can report it in rejected files and we will help you republish it as new upload. Of course the file will appear in your account.
Report 19 Aug, 6:46AM
silver_link

silver_link:

@yeongshing, it's my personal belief that M9 ebook reviewer(s) are short-staffed and he/she/they has/have no time to really look into uploaded files. Namely, certain non-VHS files are family-filtered while those VHS files are left untouched. What's the criteria?
Then, sample files are approved (I don't have issues with that) but users like me, I wish to have full-length books, not 20% sample files. Another uploader to upload a full-length file then gets it rejected due to duplicate?
Another question : Would a file with the same title, same author but different file size gets rejected as dupe? Say, 2.7MB versus 548kb? I have epub files like that. They appear no different when opened and I cannot say why they've different sizes.
Usually I will upload the smaller size file as I believe users wouldn't want their reading device space taken up by bigger files.
Report 20 Aug, 2:57AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Would be interested in the answer to this, but I fear it will be lost - a new post might be the way to go Apologies for such a long post but just want to make sone points.
1. Sample files should be notated as such in the subject line, and the full book should not be removed as a duplicate (that would be ridiculous)
2. ARC's (Advanced Reader Copy) I am a firm believer of not allowing these to be uploaded at all. Some authors have refused to publish if they find an ARC has been uploaded to a pirate forum. But if they are allowed here then it should be made clear in the subject line and the published version when uploaded should not be seen as a duplicate.
There are no determined guidelines as to how to entitle the file, hence no consistent format. Getting uploaders to follow such guidelines would probably be a game loser imo and I doubt very much that Admin staff would have the time nor inclination to open files to check content. I have made a suggestion in the past that there be a box for Title, one for Author, another for Series (add a drop down for Sample, ARC) but I am told that would not be possible.
3.On the issue of size, I have been informed that size of file is taken account of and is not considered a duplicate - however - I totally disagree with that stance. It is easy to change the size of file, so we could end up with multiple duplicates being accepted as a consequence. The aim, I thought, is not to have duplicate files?
Difference in size is usually as a consequence of embedded fonts, though there are other reasons. Sometimes it just depends on who published the file as to the software they used to generate it.
Majority of my files are retail - I make no changes to those files, so if it is 48mb (eg P.S. I Like You) that is what I upload.You can of course pick up a conversion for less than 500k but the retail quality of the file would be compromised. As a reader, that probably isn't a major issue,but to a collector of books it is. Hence I rarely download from forums, unless it is to spot check the quality of a file labelled "retail".
The fact that AZW3 files are not allowed on here, I have no option but to convert the file and put up what I consider to be a poor substitute.
Report 20 Aug, 4:12AM
silver_link

silver_link:

A new post with my comments appearing out of the blue would've lost the subjects of this thread.
I am leery of suggesting additions to M9 for fear of the entire ebook section collapsing. Sorry yeongshing but I do not have much faith in the tech team.
Report 20 Aug, 4:37AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

I will read your comments again later and reply.
Report 22 Aug, 5:59AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Replies to silver_link:

Namely, certain non-VHS files are family-filtered while those VHS files are left untouched. What's the criteria?
We can't read every books, that would take too long time and we need admin to work on other stuff too.

Then, sample files are approved (I don't have issues with that) but users like me, I wish to have full-length books, not 20% sample files. Another uploader to upload a full-length file then gets it rejected due to duplicate?
Same as above, we can't read every book and the admin might also lack of knowledge about the books. Now I am not sure how to be able to identify that quick and easy even when there is lack of knowledge about the book, but we will try to work that out. If you have any good idea, please feel free to let us know.

Would a file with the same title, same author but different file size gets rejected as dupe? Say, 2.7MB versus 548kb? I have epub files like that. They appear no different when opened and I cannot say why they've different sizes.
Yes, it would be rejected as duplicate when identified.
Report 22 Aug, 5:07PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Replies to wotthell

1. Sample files should be notated as such in the subject line, and the full book should not be removed as a duplicate (that would be ridiculous)
2. ARC's (Advanced Reader Copy) I am a firm believer of not allowing these to be uploaded at all. Some authors have refused to publish if they find an ARC has been uploaded to a pirate forum. But if they are allowed here then it should be made clear in the subject line and the published version when uploaded should not be seen as a duplicate.

Re 1 & 2: Both above are like what you said, if doesn't open the file and read the book, it is difficult to identify which is sample or ARC. We haven't manage to work out this one.

3.On the issue of size, I have been informed that size of file is taken account of and is not considered a duplicate - however - I totally disagree with that stance. It is easy to change the size of file, so we could end up with multiple duplicates being accepted as a consequence. The aim, I thought, is not to have duplicate files?

Re: As informed earlier, we now no longer solely depend on file size. We took the general form of publish title into account too, such as if you have written book name and author name in title, it will be able to filter based on book name and author name. It is still yet to realize why some files get through duplicate filter. One of the possible reasons could the user ignore the message and proceed to upload. But I doubt that is the main reason.
Report 22 Aug, 5:24PM
wotthell

wotthell:

Regarding "Sample" and "ArC" perhaps a statement on the publish file form asking for uploaders to be sure to put the word "Sample" and "ArC" in the title line may help to some degree. Not everyone will abide by it but any identified as such will help.
Report 22 Aug, 10:23PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Communicating your suggestion with our team.
Report 4 days ago, 8:22AM