Download our brand new apps for Android, Apple and Windows Phone.

M9 HQ

The home of people behind mobile9. Join this group for the latest site updates, features, bug fixes, tips, behind the scene photos, and trade secrets.

Please log in or register to post something to the group.

Post something to the group...

Discussion
Question
Buy & Sell
Request
Tips

Put your youtube video embed code here.

silver_link:

@YeongShing, I remember there used to be a Search button on the My Gallery Page. That seems to be missing. See screencap. If not, how do we search files on our Gallery pages?
TQ.

comment_photo_168066.png  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 2 days ago, 6:41AM
wotthell

wotthell:

oops just hit report ! sorry - the search bac is usually aove your profile pic - your screen shot doesb't show that high up - sure you are looking in the right place silver?
Report yesterday, 9:29AM
wotthell

wotthell:

that should say search bar
Report yesterday, 9:30AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Like wotthell said, can you screenshot it higher? It should locate as in the screenshot link I inserted below.

Link: https://s20.postimg.org/6kbpj737h/search_my_gallery.png
Report yesterday, 10:33AM
silver_link

silver_link:

Ok, got it. Wasn't there before. Could be slow internet connection where the pages didn't load properly.
Report yesterday, 4:34AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Having two video clips on your gallery page wouldn't help the speed of the loading process either
Report yesterday, 4:39AM
silver_link

silver_link:

Good point
Report yesterday, 4:46AM

wotthell:

@ Yeongshing

Going in wrong direction - script maybe needs a not a -
see my previous reply to your question re numbers

comment_photo_168052.jpg  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 3 days ago, 12:09AM
silver_link

silver_link:

What's that?
Report 3 days ago, 4:16AM
wotthell

wotthell:

two screenshots of my profile pic showing the reduction in download numbers in less than a day. way back prior 5 July I did have around 384,400 downloads now the download number decreases instead of increases
Report 3 days ago, 4:21AM
wotthell

wotthell:

and my original comment was meant to say - Going in wrong direction - script maybe needs a [plus] (I had a symbol here) not a [minus] -
Report 3 days ago, 4:24AM
silver_link

silver_link:

I see. Thanks for the clarification. Same thing is happening to me too. My downloads count going down instead of up. Didn't complain because I'm just so glad my Activities and Notifications pages are finally working again. However, the email notifications have stopped. Previously, I was notified about any comments and gifts but now Nada!
Report 3 days ago, 4:32AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Everything seems to be working for me except the numbers count - still getting notifications via email but I don't know if that is because I disabled then re-enabled the check box earlier in the week when we were having issues. You could try that
Report 3 days ago, 4:47AM
wotthell

wotthell:

and if you don't mention the issues they won't get fixed !! I don't see it as a complaint more a source of info of issues to be attended to by M9 tech team.
Report 3 days ago, 4:49AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

True... if we don't highlight the issues, the m9 team might not be aware of it..
Report 2 days ago, 8:20AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

We will return your number back to about 385k, but you might see your recent files download number not accurate because we have to work on them in order to increase the number on your profile. After that, we will keep an eye for few days to see if it keeps decreasing again.
Report 2 days ago, 5:38AM
wotthell

wotthell:

ok that works out about one download per file uploaded since 5th July - brilliant
Report 2 days ago, 5:54AM
Fizzyfifi

Fizzyfifi:

yeongshing ADMIN: What About my Download numbers - It just keeps decreasing !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report 2 days ago, 7:50AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Fizzy, the offer is worthless !
Report yesterday, 8:25AM
wotthell

wotthell:

The goal post is so far away it doesn't make any difference anyway - I have just about given up on M9 not sure why I am still here quite frankly, I should follow all those who recently disappeared !
Report yesterday, 8:27AM
wotthell

wotthell:

and my "brillian" comment was sarcasm !
Report yesterday, 8:29AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

The method of filling up the lost downloads amount is to bring back the number that you achieved but lost partly due to the server reset. This action is optional, depends on whether member is fine with it or not because what this action affects is the download numbers of recent files which may see a sudden boost.

@wotthell: This is just a temporary solution as we are shouldn't be doing in the long run. Now after a several fixes and updates being released, the system is back to more stablized and shouldn't be seeing much issues like earlier.

@Fizzyfifi: I will monitor your total download numbers these few days to see if it decreased again. Do you have many files with some/much downloads being removed due to copyright issue? I ask because can't track from your account.

And then we will work on the download numbers on your profile.
Report yesterday, 9:00AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

As for getting more downloads, it will be increasing because the recent issue with downloading file is fixed.

There is also another issue causing download number increase a bit slower which is Ebooks gallery has been disabled for US, UK and Canada users due to copyright issue. Unfortunately we cannot know when we could put it back yet.
Report yesterday, 9:22AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Yeongshng - I can guarantee that I would achieve more than 1 download per file - your suggestion of putting the number to 385K is a joke, is there any wonder I am not laughing.
Report yesterday, 9:23AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Sorry, but I don't get what you mean by it is a joke. We are working to fix the issue about decreasing downloads, which we need some time to monitor and find out because it might be caused by something else.

If you don't want to get back the 385k number, we can stop the process. Restoring original download number by retrieving the data is impossible because part of the newer data before server issue wasn't able to back up. Restoring the number by natural is possible but might take some time.
Report yesterday, 10:16AM
wotthell

wotthell:

what I am saying is that you are suggesting putting the figure of 385K when 300 plus files ago I had 384,800 so you are making an offer to put up a figure that is almost where it was before I uploaded those extra 300 files, I would most certainly achieved more than 200 downloads across 300 plus files. Your suggested increase in download number is NOT realistic, that is what I mean by a "joke"
Report yesterday, 10:45AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

I see. :s We don't know the download rates for your files, that's why. Anyway, we couldn't make it exactly 385k, so we can make it more than that.
Report yesterday, 10:53AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Yeongshing, how long ago did you cease access to US, UK and Canada? 3 days ago a canadian friend sent me a gift and 2 mins ago I got a US friend to download a book, she had no difficulty doing so.
Report yesterday, 11:08AM
Fizzyfifi

Fizzyfifi:

They can download if they are using VPN , or covering their IP - do not mention about them - in India the govt. is now going after VPNs I'm so screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report yesterday, 2:08PM
wotthell

wotthell:

Neither the Canadian friend nor the US friend use VPN or proxies
Report yesterday, 2:12PM
Fizzyfifi

Fizzyfifi:

WOW - thats great their ISP are not blocking sites like they do in India
Report yesterday, 5:08PM

maxxxi1980:

I have been struggling relentless with downloading ebooks both on the android app and website. This is so frustrating. Please rectify this problem asap

Reply   .   Report 6 days ago, 4:44AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, there is some issue on the server, so you may experience problem with downloading on app and website. We are working to get it fixed asap.
Report 6 days ago, 7:07AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Thank you
Report 4 days ago, 2:58PM

wotthell:

To lower one's blood pressure due to lack of response on this forum - may I suggest,
1. Scream
2. Throw something at the computer (but don't break it cause you need it for step 3)
3. Send an email to support@mobile9.com with a rant
4. Hope to goodness that there is not a pending public holiday in the very near future
5. lay down with raised legs
*sigh

Reply   .   Report 6 days ago, 2:56AM
Sanabelflower

Sanabelflower:

You really made me smile I think the site is back
Report 6 days ago, 7:25AM
wotthell

wotthell:

have to laught otherwise I would go mad !
Report 5 days ago, 8:02AM
Sanabelflower

Sanabelflower:

Yeah the weekend was so frustrating and boring. Happy week
Report 5 days ago, 8:04AM
silver_link

silver_link:

I kept calm and read a book
Report 5 days ago, 9:33AM
Fizzyfifi

Fizzyfifi:

Report 5 days ago, 5:22PM
wotthell

wotthell:

@silver_link, I am calm only when all is right with the ebook world - it wasn't / isn't - I'm NOT
Report 5 days ago, 10:44PM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

Tina
I've done no 1 & 2.. i can safely say that there are no pending public holidays for the m9 team until in in August where there's the Independence Day. But thank god no long public hols in July 2016.
Sent several emails which pretty much alerted the m9 team abt our problems.

It was indeed a boring wknd with no uploading but i managed to cacth up on the titles in my To Read list
Report 5 days ago, 12:09AM
wotthell

wotthell:

trying to respond to comments on this board - won't let me
wotthell

wotthell:

Huh working niow !
silver_link

silver_link:

@Tina, JJ...I am mad only when I can't download or when I can't open the downloaded file.
Report 4 days ago, 1:00AM
silver_link

silver_link:

JJ...you wouldn't believe yeongshing is practically my neighbour but I don't wanna give her a heart attack by just walking over and knocking on her door
Report 4 days ago, 1:02AM
wotthell

wotthell:

might help things along knowing there is a beady eye in the area
Report 4 days ago, 1:09AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

@silver_link... Seriously? Woww, cool! But you're right, not a good idea to give an admin a heart attack.. LOL
Report 4 days ago, 3:48AM

wotthell:

ADMIN - any response to our concerns please?
Are they being attended to?

Reply   .   Report 6 days ago, 11:40PM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

Yes, please! I'm really bored and my upload list is growing longer and longer...
Report 6 days ago, 2:41AM
wotthell

wotthell:

which means when you do get to upload them there will be too many to authorise for the new list in one day - still just to get a response here would be really really good !
Report 6 days ago, 2:46AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

tina, Yep.. i thought abt that too. The new upload approval thngy will be bottlenecked without a doubt
Report 6 days ago, 3:19AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Yes, they are being attended to. Our team is working to verify the cause of issue and to fix asap. These were immediately on our urgent to-do list as soon as we realized the issue. We hope to get the site back working asap.
Report 6 days ago, 7:04AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Well thank you so much for getting around to telling us that you are now aware and attempting a fix.
Report 6 days ago, 7:11AM

kaltuna12:

hi guys, im having problems trying to download ebooks and seeing some of the people pages and their uploads. please HELP!!

Reply   .   Report 6 days ago, 11:54AM
wotthell

wotthell:

We are all having the same problem. Need to wait until Monday when M9 team get on to fixing it - fingers x'd they know how to do that
Report 6 days ago, 1:19PM
ulkone

ulkone:

Mee too...
Report 6 days ago, 2:17PM
kaltuna12

kaltuna12:

ok thanks x
Report 6 days ago, 9:29PM
nurunoiu80

nurunoiu80:

having the same problem too. hope they will fix it soon
Report 6 days ago, 3:31AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, there is some issue on server and we are working to find it out and fix asap.
Report 6 days ago, 7:01AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, thanks for your patience. We released a fix for the issue, the problems you were having should be gone. Please try again and let us know if you still having any issue.
Report 4 days ago, 2:53AM

Elizta:

Best site ever! Only problem is I have battled to download any books this weekend, I get through to just after the download it stage and then it stops and goes blank? The weekend is almost over - (pout)

Reply   .   Report 6 days ago, 9:38AM
kaltuna12

kaltuna12:

i have been having the same issues
Report 6 days ago, 11:47AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

Server problem this wknd... hoping it'll be resolved soon
Report 6 days ago, 3:04PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

jaded is right, there seems to be some issue on the server, we are working to find it out and fix asap.
Report 6 days ago, 6:57AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, thanks for your patience. We released a fix for the issue, the problems you were having should be gone. Please try again and let us know if you still having any issue.
Report 4 days ago, 2:53AM

babydoll_28mary:

i've been having problems downloading books. Can anyone explain why? I need my three books daily fix or I get jittery.

Reply   .   Report 17 Jul, 6:11AM
cynicwriter

cynicwriter:

I'm also experiencing the same problem since yesterday. (
Report 17 Jul, 7:09AM
Angelicdragon64

Angelicdragon64:

same here
Report 17 Jul, 7:17AM
ssam1992

ssam1992:

same here . please fix this issue
Report 17 Jul, 7:49AM
emily81

emily81:

Same, plus some problem with the visualization of already uploaded files.
Report 6 days ago, 8:25AM
babydoll_28mary

babydoll_28mary:

Looks as though no one is attending to our problems. This sucks.
Report 6 days ago, 2:15AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

There seems to be some issue on server, the actual cause has not been identified and we are working to find it out and fix asap.

You may experience problem with download files, broken preview/thumbnail images and uploading files.
Report 6 days ago, 6:56AM
emily81

emily81:

I tried uploading ebooks: it's working fine now the visualization of the thumbnail images is back ^^
Report 6 days ago, 7:11AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, thanks for your patience. We released a fix for the issue, the problems with download, upload and broken preview images you were having should be gone. Please try again and let us know if you still having any issue.
Report 4 days ago, 2:54AM

zoe1210:

not able to download ebooks and wallpaper.whats the problem?????

Reply   .   Report 17 Jul, 3:07AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

There seems to be some issue on server, we are working to find it out and fix asap.
Report 6 days ago, 6:53AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, thanks for your patience. We released a fix for the issue, you should be able to download fine now. Please try again and let us know if you still having any issue. Thank you.
Report 4 days ago, 2:54AM

wotthell:

Attention Yeongshng:
So to summarise the issues over the weekend that need attention by M9 tech team
1. Unable to Upload ebooks (not sure about any other section)
2. Covers on both personal gallery and search results - not all showing but titles/series/author are showing on those without cover image
3. Unable to download ebooks (again unsure if other sections have the same trouble)

any more issues?

Reply   .   Report 16 Jul, 11:26AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

I experienced ALL the problems above..
Report 16 Jul, 3:43PM
Angelicdragon64

Angelicdragon64:

I wonder how long it will take for them to fix their servers. Badly deprived here.
Report 17 Jul, 7:19AM
emily81

emily81:

Hope it will be fixed soon.
Report 6 days ago, 8:13AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Nothing will be done till Monday - and then we will need to wait and see if they can fix it in a day.
Report 6 days ago, 10:45AM
chnidy01

chnidy01:

hope it gets fixed soon
Report 6 days ago, 1:13PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

The issues you listed all seems to be caused by issue on server. We have not yet verified what is it and is checking. Working to get it fixed asap.
Report 6 days ago, 6:52AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hello, thanks for your patience. We released a fix for the issue, the problems with download, upload and broken preview images you were having should be gone. Please try again and let us know if you still having any issue.
Report 4 days ago, 2:55AM