Download our brand new apps for Android, Apple and Windows Phone.

M9 HQ

The home of people behind mobile9. Join this group for the latest site updates, features, bug fixes, tips, behind the scene photos, and trade secrets.

Please log in or register to post something to the group.

Post something to the group...

Discussion
Question
Buy & Sell
Request
Tips

Put your youtube video embed code here.

yeemei12 ADMIN :

This important update fixes app crashes.
New in mobile9 DECO 3:
* App gets a lot slimmer. It's now just 3MB!
* Handpick only the best files for you everyday
* Find & send birthday or holiday greetings easily to friends and family

DOWNLOAD here

Reply   .   Report 3 days ago, 5:48AM

wotthell:

This is just too funny for words !!
Mine gets taken down and this one uploaded days later stays
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4594259/

Reply   .   Report 28 minutes ago

AngelineeMonach:

Hi, Thank you very much tech team for having fixed the galleries!!!

Now... it would be really helpful if you guys could fix the Ebooks tab.
Thanks in advance!

Reply   .   Report 2 days ago, 8:00PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Good to know. You're welcome.

By the way, which ebook tab do you mean? Eg. Profile>Uploads>Ebooks?
Report 2 days ago, 12:42PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

Yes, that's what I mean. When we click Uploads tab and select ebooks, it doesn't work, but all the others work.
Report 2 days ago, 1:36PM

tiptoes:

my gallery's fine, thanks!

Reply   .   Report 2 days ago, 7:37PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

yay Finally! No black holes either?
Report 2 days ago, 7:42PM
tiptoes

tiptoes:

hooray! lol

i just noticed that it slowed down my download count, there are some blackholes, i need to put in the titles to know that i have really uploaded the book.
Report 2 days ago, 8:26PM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

@tiptoes,
I had the same prob with blackholes. You hv to update the Admins of the problems and they'll help out. Thank God my Gallery is fine now. Although the issue of duplicates and unlisting of new uploads do happen now and then
Report 2 days ago, 2:28AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

So "blackhole" is gone for everyone here?
Report 2 days ago, 12:36PM

LastKingz:

I can finally see all my uploads again. Thanks a lot to the M9 Admins and Team. Great job

Reply   .   Report 2 days ago, 6:55PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Good to know. Thanks and keep uploading great stuff.
Report 2 days ago, 12:43PM
LastKingz

LastKingz:

No problem
Report yesterday, 4:25PM

wotthell:

Lord Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change.....

Most of the files I uploaded yesterday did not make it to the NEW list !

Reply   .   Report 3 days ago, 2:14AM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

I kinda gave up complaining about that... Even if it takes some days, it will eventually be on the list; Aparently (for some unknown reason, nobody explained what are all the criteria that needs to be checked) some uploads need manual approval.
of course you won't get many downloads, but with all the problems the tech team and admin are probably too busy. At least the problem of the galleries is on the process of being repaired.
Report 2 days ago, 7:50PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

I could not provided the criteria as it's too many and also we cannot simply expose it because part of it is to prevent spam on site. At the moment, only ebooks uploaded by premium publisher can display immediately in gallery with block by system.
Report 2 days ago, 12:46PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

I see. The only problem is that if the books are no displayed on new listing we don't get downloads, so what's the point uploading at all? But now that I know they will eventually approved, it's acceptable, maybe you guys could work on getting more people to admin the books section so we don't have to wait so many days?
just a sugestion, you know we love m9!
Report 2 days ago, 1:38PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

@Wotthell, you canceled your premium membership?
Report 2 days ago, 1:39PM
wotthell

wotthell:

Does not explain how my 3td and 8th of 9 uploads made it to the New list but upoads #1, 2, 4, 5, 6 & 7 didn't. #9 was past the time frame so that one is explained. None of the issues/problems we are encountering are consistent so it cannot be explained. The problem needs to be found and rectified.
Report 2 days ago, 1:42PM

jaded_juniper:

Dear Admins/yeongshing,

Just wanted to give an update.. My Gallery has finally been fixed as of this morning. Thanks so much, really appreciate and hopefully this time, the issue is resolved for good.
And i am also happy to see the other regular uploaders like tiptoes and wotthell have got their issues resolved as well.

Much appreciated, m9 team!

Reply   .   Report 4 days ago, 8:21AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Not entirely fixed - there is still the issue of reported duplicates making it to the New list even though they were reported prior to the list going live. The person who puts the duplicate up does not remove it even when advised directly, prefers to waste time for IT team to remove it.

By not dealing with reported duplicates just causes more work later to remove it hence wasting IT team time that could be well spent attending to other matters.

I have mentioned this before to little effect. Frustrating
Report 3 days ago, 1:23AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

@wotthell,
I noticed that too. Seems to be a lot of duplicates being uploaded nowadays. I just wish the uploader would take some efforts to search and avoid duplicates before they upload anything. In some cases, reports seem to not have any effect...
Besides that, I am so relieved and happy that our Galleries are up and running normally
Report 3 days ago, 1:43AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Search doesn't always return the books - Action is needed to fix the duplicate notification at the time of upload - the links you get to advise of original never match the file you are uploading. This too has been mentioned before with little outcome to resolve it. Do I sound like I am running out of patience? You bet
Report 3 days ago, 1:51AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

Yeah, i've always gotten completely unrelated links to the one I'm tyring to upload. A tighter mechanism to avoid duplicates would definitely improve the situation for us all..
Report 3 days ago, 2:15AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Due to a lot of data running on site, so for very new book that someone just uploaded within 1 day before, it is possible that it's not updated in search result yet. That's why you can't find it.

We recently made changes to the duplicate detecting condition, as compared to earlier, is it better or worse or no difference?
Report 3 days ago, 3:33AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

@yeongshing,
Noted on the lag time in search results. Thanks..
Can you provide us more details abt the duplicate detecting conditions so that we could try to gauge or compare the situation before and after the change?

Personally, I still encounter instances where the system warns about possible duplicate but then the links it provided are of very different books. May we know how the system identify the 'connection' between the already uploaded files with the one in the process of being uploaded? I mean is it the same 'file size' or any other markers that appear identical?
TIA!
Report 3 days ago, 5:51AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Duplication script does not work, has never once given me the correct link to an existing file.
Report 3 days ago, 9:09AM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

I am very happy that the galleries are up and running efficiently now haha;
About the duplicate script, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

The link between the files is the size. An admin told me that. Now I don't know if it's only valid when it's related to a book you are the original uploader of. (when you try to upload a book but you already uploaded it some time ago
Report 2 days ago, 7:56PM
wotthell

wotthell:

size of file is no indicator at all - what exactly do they think it means? hundreds of books have the same file size, a conversion from a retail changes the files size. If that is the focus then it will never improved
Report 2 days ago, 2:24AM
wotthell

wotthell:

*be improved
Report 2 days ago, 2:24AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Regarding duplicate, to implement better detection actually require complicated works(a lot of coding and testing) behind, and whether it works as expected or not, that require time to monitor. So that's why now we try to make changes to that stage by stage and monitor the result. (real users environment is very different from testing environment)

We try to work on next step of this as soon as possible.
Report 2 days ago, 12:35PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

I don't know @wotthell, but that's what I was told, they based on file size.
Report 2 days ago, 1:40PM
wotthell

wotthell:

I have no wish to offend but that is total nonsense. Sorry, but I am not speaking from inexperience.
Report 2 days ago, 2:02PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

Well, as @yeongshing said, testing environment is very different from the reality; also - I don't know anything at all about those things - but I think the duplicate issue is much harder to fix than other things, because it involves too many viariables.
It's a nuisance, yes, but at least we have the feature to report the duplicates and they are taken down (even if it takes several days I think we need to be patient, it must be very dificult to maintain a site like m9 working properly.
Report 2 days ago, 2:41PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

Of course I am not saying the complain is invalid. I totally understand the frustration when your upload files and someone else goes and uploads it. Or when your files are rejected as dupes.
Even worse when you took the time to search the author or series and you didn't find the title you want to uplaod, therefore it's ok and you upload; next day it's rejected.
Report 2 days ago, 2:47PM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

I share your sentiments, Angelinee and wotthell. Can be quite frustrating when other users just uploaded duplicates without even checking whether the files hv been uploaded or not.
How abt m9 coming up with a set of guidelines for new uploaders and also veterans like us .. sort of like an SOP for beginners.. detailing what we should do before uploading anything. Warning uploaders that they should not upload duplicates etc..
Just a suggestion on my part..
Report 2 days ago, 3:09PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

a mandatory guideline on how to name the files [TITLE (SERIES #00) - AUTHOR] is very necessary. Some books do not show on search because they are named incorrectly. And I think everyone should put key words as tags, at least author's name and the series.
Report yesterday, 3:24PM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

Angelinee, my thoughts exactly... that would help the server to 'recognise' duplicates better, i think. Too bad there are some uploaders who just can't bothered with little things like proper tagging and file naming
Report yesterday, 3:27PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

Yep, better for us, better for the site, everybody wins.
Report yesterday, 4:02PM

wotthell:

OK black hole fixed now another problem is raising its head
the 3rd and 8th book I just uploaded do not feed to Activities pages !

Salt to the Sea - Ruta Sepetys (Retail)
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4592534/
The Good Liar - Nicholas Searle (Retail)
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4592509/

Can this be looked at please

Reply   .   Report 4 days ago, 7:50AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

You mean Activities page of your followers?
Report 3 days ago, 4:06AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Yes that is what I mean I do know I don't get advised about my own uploads because I already know what I uploaded Yeongshing
Report 3 days ago, 9:07AM

_H_B_:

Hello. Again problems with the wall!

Reply   .   Report 5 days ago, 5:22AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hello, we recently release fixes for the wall problem and need manually apply the update for those users who have problem. Will inform you to check back later when done.
Report 5 days ago, 7:12AM

MJS60:

My page has worked right for the last 24 hrs! All my 104 Themes are now loading correctly. I had this issue for almost a month and now it seems to be fixed? I will keep my fingers crossed because it was intermittently before a may yet come back. Thanks for the fix but I'd sure like to know what was wrong and how you fixed it?

Reply   .   Report 6 days ago, 6:19PM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

Happy to hear that it's fixed, finally ...
Report 6 days ago, 6:51AM