Download our brand new apps for Android, Apple and Windows Phone.

M9 HQ

The home of people behind mobile9. Join this group for the latest site updates, features, bug fixes, tips, behind the scene photos, and trade secrets.

Please log in or register to post something to the group.

Put your youtube video embed code here.

ArthurWill ADMIN :

Hey M9ers, here's a few notes about the recent changes:

Past: Only 3 files in profile main page
Now: All files are visible in profile main page
Reason: M9ers who took the time and effort to create and publish files to M9 want others to see and download. According to our statistic however, people rarely click to see the other page of any profile. By putting just 3 files in main page the rest of your awesome files never get seen.

Past: Apart from files you have following, followers, gifts etc in profile main page
Now: All these are available as separate page in tabs
Reason: When you are looking at your own profile, these elements are important to you. However, they mean nothing to people visiting your profile. To them, knowing that you have 1,000 followers or you are following 200 people are enough. Hence, we have moved those numbers to the top, below your username, making space for your files which visitors do care about.

Past: Side navigation menu
Now: Top navigation menu
Reason: There were about 10 items in side menu previously for you to navigate to activities, notifications, following etc. By putting them at the side they occupy about 1/5 of your profile and we can't put anything else below it. Not just that they waste your space, they also make your profile looks out balance - light on the left, heavy on the right. Plus, as mentioned previously, people visiting your profile rarely click to other pages. As a profile owner, you get everything in notifications and activities. Those two are important to you and the rest are not. Hence we have moved notifications to the most top right corner, next to your username and log out option. We are still trying to work out how to make it easier for you to go to activities page.

ISSUES WITH PROFILE
Problem: Ugly grey bar covering part of the cover photo
Update: It's now being replaced by subtle gradient, necessary to make sure whatever photo you put, those important statistic of you (name, achievement points, total downloads, followers etc) still visible.

Problem: Missing about me
Update: About me is now back. We know you are still not happy about the small space allocated to it. Our reasoning is simple, with cover photo, background color and about me, M9 has given you more space to express yourself than most modern sites (Facebook, YouTube, Google Plus etc). However, we are considering to just display everything you throw into about me. More update about this soon.

Problem: Download count dropped. Individual file downloads down to zero
Update: Most of your download count should be back now if not all. We had to move servers and that reset the count. However, we did backup and count should be restored as people download your files again.

Problem: Can only post one comment with smiley or link
Update: We have received numerous complaints about spam in comments and this is what we have done to cope. However, there was some mistake. It's now fixed. Smiley no longer have limit. External link limit now much higher and if you are a premium member or premium publisher (most spammer won't pay just to spam) you don't even have any limit.

Problem: Imported apps now appear in profile main page
Update: Previously we have two sections of apps - apps that people published to gallery, apps that people import into gallery. In gallery, apps published has the term "Apps", apps imported has the term "Store". Confuse? Exactly!. It's confusing. If they are all apps why do we have two different sections? Are they different? Hence we have recently merge the two into one. Now people only have one section which is "Apps". Isn't that much clearer? If you notice, all our files in gallery has unique ID associated with it. Files published today have higher ID than files published yesterday or a week earlier. To merge two sections into one, imported apps need unique ID. Although they were imported last year, we can't just assign random ID to these apps. We have to assign them the latest ID. And because profile display files according to ID, you now see imported apps in first page. As you publish newer files you will see newer files on top, pushing these apps below. Alternatively, there is an option to delete these apps so that they don't show in your profile. Unfortunately, some members reported that even after they delete these apps come back later. We are now looking into the cause and will update you as soon as we can.

I know it's a long post. But I hope it gives you better understand of why we made the changes, and how we are listening and reacting to your feedback. If we don't care, it won't hurt as much to see you screaming that we don't care. We care, but like everything in life, it takes time to think and to work on your feedback. We ask for your patience as we work day and night on issues you have.

Cheers,

Reply   .   Report 29 May, 12:53PM
corepoll

corepoll:

thank you
Report 29 May, 1:21PM

yeemei12 ADMIN :

Hi guys, server migration is taking place at the present and therefore the errors such as inaccurate downloads, no notifications and activities are shown have occurred. It will be recovered soon. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Regarding the error in posting smileys and links, it's the new implementation to prevent the spamming of links. However, we're still working on to make the improvement and the limit of links will be increased soon.
Please give some time to the team to work all this out. Thanks for your patience!

Reply   .   Report 14 May, 11:43AM

yeemei12 ADMIN :

Hey guys, for those who have encountered "error stickers 001" these few days, the error is fixed and it should be working now! You can now publish your screensaver or ebook.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Reply   .   Report 02 May, 3:41AM

eleenong91 ADMIN :

Profile Layout Fixed

The "About Me" section in profile page is back. You can now change your About information, put your own pictures & videos.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Reply   .   Report 25 Apr, 9:08AM
ramaisraw

ramaisraw:

Hello dear Eleen, yes i saw it few minutes ago, thank you very much for this. But the About Me section should be in the Center Middle Of Page, instead of on Left Middle Of Page.
Report 25 Apr, 9:12AM
eleenong91

eleenong91 ADMIN :

Thanks for your feedback ramai I will pass along your suggestions to our dev team.
Report 25 Apr, 10:37AM
Gone

Gone:

Thank You so much! I Love You M9 Team!

Keep Smiling.
Report 25 Apr, 11:09AM

ArthurWill ADMIN :

For those having issues with the new profile or feedback on how we can make it better for you please leave us message here.

Two main issues so far:

1. We will bring back the "About Me" where you get to put your own pictures & videos sometime next week. It was left out some how. Sorry.

2. We will also find ways to replace the black strip with something milder.

Thanks for your patience and support during this difficult time.

Reply   .   Report 15 Apr, 3:43PM
MadMisfit

MadMisfit:

hi admin

i want to suggest, can you make the layout design look a little similar to deviant or able to add background for non premium user.

thanks for readind
Report 16 Apr, 2:10AM

ArthurWill ADMIN :

It's finally here! The all new mobile9 for Android & iOS has arrived. Get them now!

Reply   .   Report 12 Mar, 2:06PM
Da_Aki
Report 12 Mar, 3:18PM
ArthurWill

ArthurWill ADMIN :

Thanks!
Report 17 Mar, 3:14AM

aliciawwp TEAM :

Dear all m9ers,

Recently many of you reported that your download count is decreasing dramatically in 1 day. First of all, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience we've caused to you.

However, the good news is the download count will recover eventually. Our developers are working on it but there are too many users being affected and we need more time to do it. Please give us more time and be patient, you download count will be recovered as soon as possible.

Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,
mobile9 Team

Reply   .   Report 23 Jan, 2:12AM

eleenong91 ADMIN :

We've been receiving questions about files being rejected in mobile9 lately and this is the simple guideline for you, hope it helps >> http://m9.my/go/guidefb

comment_photo_95340.jpg  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 21 Jan, 8:25AM

ArthurWill ADMIN :

Hey M9ers! You have less than 24 hours to buy yearly subscription and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS FREE! Last chance!

Premium subscription comes with:

✔ Unlimited downloads
✔ Unlimited page browsing
✔ Unlimited family-filtered files
✔ Unlimited premium files
✔ Customise profile
✔ Send premium gifts

TAKE THE OFFER NOW

Reply   .   Report 09 Jan, 11:36AM

aliciawwp TEAM :

Hi guys, we are thrilled to announce that now you can upload any video to our new "International" folder! What do you think about this? Join our discussion here >> http://community.mobile9.com/group/?gid=244&sid=84299

Happy uploading m9ers! =)

Reply   .   Report 06 Jan, 7:03AM
ramaisraw

ramaisraw:

Hello dear Alicia, Now this is a very good decision. There are so many people who wanted to upload music videos, but there videos got rejected due to insufficient categories & wrong rejection criteria.
Report 06 Jan, 7:38AM