Download our brand new apps for Android, Apple and Windows Phone.

M9 HQ

The home of people behind mobile9. Join this group for the latest site updates, features, bug fixes, tips, behind the scene photos, and trade secrets.

Please log in or register to post something to the group.

Put your youtube video embed code here.

wotthell:

OK I have had it with M9 - time to give you a miss, just too frustrating for words - figure out why these books do not show on the listing !!
last on the New List 3 hours ago http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4631789/
my uploads still not on the list
yesterday, 10:32PM http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4631008/
yesterday, 8:11PM http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4630981/
2 days ago, 2:37PM http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4630958/
2 days ago, 1:04PM http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4630952/
2 days ago, 12:57PM http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4630950/
2 days ago, 11:24AM http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4630936/

Let me know when you have learn't how to drive this website.

Reply   .   Report 19 Apr, 5:23AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

There is some changes made, now should be able to see all ebooks that being approved in gallery. We will keep monitoring for a while more to make sure it does.
Report 21 Apr, 1:32AM
wotthell

wotthell:

When they land 15 pages after the event there is no point, few members if any will look that far back and I have noticed the decline in downloads as a result. Not good enough for me to devote my time to it YET
Report 21 Apr, 4:33AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

We are making sure the new books that approved will show up without much delay after review.
Report 21 Apr, 7:13AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

An update related to this issue, now we will refresh the ebook gallery after done review all, instead of trying to keep up with the system auto refresh because the time might change according to the system running, and we might miss the time(which we did) and caused some books delay a day showing in gallery.

Based on previous record was the most around 200 ebooks per day, the refresh will be able to handle more files than that.

Again, we will monitor the outcome of this new change for a week based on real user environment. You can try upload some files to see if it works to show all approved files this Monday.
Report 22 Apr, 11:25AM

wotthell:

It seems a grand total of 57 books made it to the new list today, books uploaded 20hours ago did not make it ! - is this to be the approx amount of books that are reviewed and approved in future between daily update of the new list?

Reply   .   Report 08 Apr, 1:54AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Not exactly, every week day (maybe except Monday), we will try our best to finish reviewing all books since last review. There is only 1 session of review everyday, so books that happen to upload right after finish review, need to wait next session(next day) review.

Lets say today since last review done have 50 books uploaded, we will review all 50 books, then after today review until tomorrow review, if there are 100 files, we will review 100 files tomorrow.

BTW, an update, today might see less new book showing or showing later, because our panel had some issue and not able to finish review before scheduled refresh. But it's fixed and done review all the files today.
Report 08 Apr, 8:33AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Ok Thanks for the explanation
Report 08 Apr, 8:36AM

wotthell:

see below

comment_photo_166278.jpg  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 07 Apr, 11:30AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

The covers are showing now.
Report 08 Apr, 8:23AM
wotthell

wotthell:

Thankyou
Report 08 Apr, 8:37AM

wotthell:

Never a dull moment
Just uploaded 2 files, refuses to maintain the covers and when you attempt to download get this

comment_photo_166277.jpg  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 07 Apr, 11:25AM
silver_link

silver_link:

Oops, really bad.
Report 07 Apr, 12:51PM
wotthell

wotthell:

Yep
Report 07 Apr, 1:22PM
wotthell

wotthell:

You have the same problem on the last file you uploaded - Tempted by a Lady’s Smile - Christi Caldwell http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4626739/
Report 07 Apr, 1:25PM
wotthell

wotthell:

Still happening 10hrs later http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4626831/
Report 07 Apr, 9:42PM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

OMG, I am so sorry wotthell.I wanted to reply to ur comment but my fat fingers accidentally clicked the Report button. Hope nothing happens..
Anyway I wanted to comment that this is a new prob coz I haven't experienced it before.
Report 07 Apr, 10:34PM
wotthell

wotthell:

Probably the only way it will get attended to
Report 07 Apr, 10:40PM
silver_link

silver_link:

Yup, wotthell. I noticed after I uploaded but left it at that. Today when I checked it can be downloaded but the cover's missing.
Report 08 Apr, 12:25AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hello,

- Cover fixed
- The 403 forbidden access fixed

Please check again?
Report 08 Apr, 7:21AM
wotthell

wotthell:

All good now thank you
Report 08 Apr, 8:37AM
silver_link

silver_link:

Thank you, yeongshing. Looks good now.
Report 08 Apr, 8:46AM

Galina53 PRO :

Hello dear Shing! I can't to load theme in gallery! Tried many times

comment_photo_166266.jpg  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 07 Apr, 8:35AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Note: Reported for checking.
Report 07 Apr, 9:46AM
Galina53

Galina53 PRO :

Thanks for help!
Report 07 Apr, 10:46AM

wotthell:

* sigh - can even edit a file without it half dissappearing ! what I wrote was this:
85 uploads since
last book added to new file, uploaded by jaded juniper 2 days ago, 1:53AM
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4623606/
jaded juniper has uploaded 85 books since then

3rd last book added to new file, uploaded by AngelineeMonach 2 days ago, 1:14AM
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4623599/
AngelineeMonach has uploaded 145 books since then

comment_photo_166196.jpg  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 04 Apr, 2:28PM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

wotthell,
I get your point, the most recent file in the Ebook New List is mine, which i uploaded 2 days ago. But within that 2 days, i've uploaded more books, which are displayed in my Gallery but haven;t made it into the New List. Seems like there is a 'long silent process' in between uploading and appearing in the New List, right ? hhmmm....
Report 04 Apr, 7:03PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

Think on the bright side: the users that visit our profiles can access the files and download, until the files are reviewed and added In New List where everybody can see (of course it is not ideal, but...),
have u guys felt any difference about duplicates? that I understand the objective of this new review system was to diminish the number of duplicates and make sure the files were listed according to time of download (file ID number).
Report 05 Apr, 4:44AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

There is a daily refresh for the gallery and that's when files that done review will show up. Normally we arrange review to be done before the schedule(a range of time) refresh. As I just checked with my team, yesterday (Monday) wasn't able to finish review before scheduled refresh due to large amount of files. So you might see files that uploaded during weekends are partly listed and partly not yet. It is usually happen on Monday, even before we made the last change to only show files in New list after review. But it probably was not so noticeable.
Report 05 Apr, 11:02AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Now can you see up file published 10 hours ago in New?
Report 05 Apr, 11:08AM
wotthell

wotthell:

last on cover on the new list
uploaded yesterday, 7:03AM
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/4625191/
Report 06 Apr, 10:21PM
comment_photo_166192.jpg  ( Edit )

Reply   .   Report 04 Apr, 2:09PM
wotthell

wotthell:

see my comment below on next post also, Not sure I understand how the last book to show on the New list was uploaded 2 days ago, 1:53AM when you said 3 hours ago that all books have been reviewed. So how long between review and addition to the new list does it take then?
Report 04 Apr, 2:17PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

replied on your later post, does that helps answering your concern?
Report 05 Apr, 11:09AM

IVANNA01:

Dear shing:
I can not see users I follow.
Please I kindly request that when you have time to fix it.

Reply   .   Report 02 Apr, 7:54PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, we have noted. This issue is still being fixing.
Report 04 Apr, 8:15AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, we have deployed fix for this. We are testing and when done, will be able to see the changes this weekend.
Report 07 Apr, 9:49AM
IVANNA01

IVANNA01:

Thank you very much for dealing with this issue.
Report 07 Apr, 10:27PM

jaded_juniper:

Just wanna say Thanx for bringing the actual number of downloads and favourites.
But like what has been reported by some users, my downloads have decreased to 509,096. In reality, it should be 865,464 as recorded in my Achievements.

Is this a minor glitch or a major issue suffered by many users?

Thx

Reply   .   Report 02 Apr, 3:33AM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

Hi @jaded_juniper. It's a major issue apparently. Mine is down about 3 million downloads. Hope they can fix it soon!
Report 02 Apr, 4:58AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

Angelinee... you too?.. Wow, that 's a huge discrepancy.. no wonder so many users are complaining.. hope the Dev team can look into it
Report 02 Apr, 5:32AM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

Yep.. anyway, maybe it's like that other time, some files zeroed and needed to be download once so that the data could be restored.
Report 02 Apr, 5:39AM
jolansky

jolansky PRO :

i have lost about more than 200 million downloads,,doesnt matter anyway, site's under maintenance perhaps
Report 02 Apr, 12:53PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

yes, there have been some changes recently, so maybe they are still working out the kinks.
Report 02 Apr, 2:38PM
wotthell

wotthell:

they have been working on kinks for more than a year and it isn't improving
Report 02 Apr, 9:13PM
LastKingz

LastKingz:

Almost everyone is having this problem, it seems like it refuses to be fixed hmmmm
Report 03 Apr, 2:33AM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

Info: I just screened my files (all files in all categories - except ebooks that has too many, but I did look through most books uploaded in 2016). No file with 0 downloads,
leading to think that it's not the same problem as before, the one that was solved by downloading the file which restored the data...
Report 04 Apr, 12:34AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

The number of our downloads under the 'Achievement' page shows the accurate number (for me at least). What about u guys?
And just like @wotthel, i am having problem with my 'Following' page where the content is actually for a 'Followers' page
Report 04 Apr, 12:49AM
wotthell

wotthell:

How would we ever know what is accurate, nothing is consistent on M9 so what makes you believe any figure shown is true? I have certainly backed off uploading much until they get things stable - not holding my breath though - I might turn blue !
Report 04 Apr, 3:06AM
LastKingz

LastKingz:

@jaded_juniper Yes, when I go under the "Achievement" page I see the accurate number of my downloads, but then again its like what wotthell is saying, who knows what the accurate number is anyway. Everything is inconsistent and unreliable
Report 04 Apr, 3:27AM
wotthell

wotthell:

On Profile pic: - 132,560 Downloads
Achievements :- 225,352 / 1,000,000 Downloads
Report 04 Apr, 3:33AM
jaded_juniper

jaded_juniper:

@wotthell @LastKingz .. i get what you guys mean. Reliability and stability are essential to a thriving community like m9. Hope the Dev team are taking note of our comments...
Report 04 Apr, 4:56AM
pvlalina

pvlalina PRO :

The same here, big difference between downloads number on profile pic and achievements. Any admin here can help us? I see a lot of users with the same problem.
Report 04 Apr, 7:35AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hello, we are checking what is this "reduced download number issue" now. Will update you all again once there is significant progress/news on this.
Report 04 Apr, 8:01AM
LastKingz

LastKingz:

Ok yeo, I'll be patient as always
Report 04 Apr, 1:26PM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

@jaded_juniper @LastKingz Once you achive 5 million nad get the badge, it stops showing the "accurate" number. Then the only way to know is through those numbers in profile page.
Report 04 Apr, 9:06PM
wotthell

wotthell:

Well that's will be the end of knowing what we have then cause the profile pic number just goes down, down, down !
Report 05 Apr, 10:00PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Our team already deployed fixes and testing. When done, will be able to see the changes this weekend.

The updates are for mainly:
- Can't see notification
- Dailies page not showing for user with >150 points
- Incorrect Following info
- Profile download numbers
Report 07 Apr, 9:48AM
AngelineeMonach

AngelineeMonach:

Update: Profile download numbers all back to normal;Following info working; notificatins are loading normally.
Very good work!!!! Thanks for fixing those issues @yeongshing
Report 10 Apr, 1:03AM

IVANNA01:

Dear Shing:
What happened here?
I had 13M Downloads and now I just have 8M Downloads, this is very bad!
Please could fix it.

Reply   .   Report 01 Apr, 9:29PM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi Ivanna, our team are checking on this already. Will update once there is significant news/progress.
Report 04 Apr, 8:13AM
yeongshing

yeongshing ADMIN :

Hi, we have deployed fix for this. We are testing and when done, will be able to see the change in number this weekend.
Report 07 Apr, 9:50AM
IVANNA01

IVANNA01:

Thank you very much for dealing with this issue.
XOXO
Report 07 Apr, 10:26PM